Thursday, October 11, 2007

Top Finished



This quilt was a bear to wrestle through the machine while putting on the borders, it's quite big! The quilt top is on my queen size bed and I have plenty of room on the sides for it to hang over and even can do a pillow tuck!

I had planned to use all the leftovers for the back, but it's not nearly enough. I'll save that for the binding and maybe some pillowcases. I have a bolt of light purple fabric that I've wanted to use up...I'm thinking it would be fun to have on the back. What do you think???
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Meredith said...

Keep in mind I am partial to purple. GO FOR IT. It is a nice size and it looks great on the bed. What type of design for the quilting?

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Wow, that did finish up BIG (and very lovely too!). Definately, the back would be a great place to use up some stash!!!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Libby said...

Wow! That's a large quilt. It looks fantastic the bed. Go for the purple . . . why not? *s*

Doodlebug Gail said...

What a lovely big quilt .... light purple on the back - why not? I'll be back to check the quilting progress and to see your choice of quilting designs.

atet said...

That quilt top is absolutely lovely. I think the purple on the back will be perfect!

Rose Marie said...

Oh yummm .... what a great quilt and in my favourite colours!