Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Southern Summer of Socks


Yes, I know that I'm heading into winter, not summer, but this seemed like too much fun to pass up! I've joined a Knit Along called the Southern Summer of Socks. I have a pair of socks that I started back in January and didn't touch again, until I found this knit along. Now I've finished the first sock and I'm knitting the heel flap on the second! My personal goals for this are:


1. Make a pair of socks with each of the 3 skeins of sock yarn I bought last November. I bought 6 all together and I'm almost done my 3rd pair.


2. Knit socks in a different pattern that the 3 pairs I've knitted! I started with an online tutorial and have made all of my socks the same. I like plain socks but don't want to make another boring pair!


3. Learn to make toe up socks.


In other news, I had my follow up at the doctor and everything is fine, so I can return to all the things I used to do...cleaning, grocery shopping, gardening...guess my vacation is over! :o) My doctor suggested that I try a low dose estrogen pill to see if it will take the edge off the menopause symptoms. She said it was my decision whether to stay on it or not, but I should at least give it a try. So I will. Next week...

3 comments:

Libby said...

I admire all you gals that can knit socks . . . I am challenged beyond my skill level to cast on *s*

Doodlebug Gail said...

I'll be watching your sock situation .... I love to knit, but have never tried socks.

Gypsy Quilter said...

Wish I could knit, I'd join you. Sounds like fun.