Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sunday Afternoon

Just a quick hello...I don't have any pictures to share, in spite of the fact I went to a wedding and a quilt show this weekend! It's been fun...the son of friends was married on Friday night in a beautiful ceremony. The groom is in the Marines and was told to report for training with no leave...the wedding almost didn't happen! But, the Marines kindly gave him the weekend off so he could get married, the honeymoon is on hold.

Today a local guild had their show. To my surprise, a large number of quilts were hand quilted! It was nice to see as the last few shows I'd been to, very few entries were hand quilted. I did run into a friend who owns a local shop...The Village Quilter. She's just taken the store online, and started a blog, so stop by and say hi...tell her I sent you!

I'm off to the sewing room...

3 comments:

antique quilter said...

nice to hear there were hand quilted quilts!
Wish I would have known I would have driven down to see them too!
where was the show?
Kathie in NJ

Darcie said...

I would bet that that was a tearful wedding ceremony. I love those Marines in their Dress Blues.

Hope all is well with you, Carolyn!

Meredith said...

ok so I do not go and this year there are hand quilted quilts. UGH. I guess I should have gone. Were they hand quilted by the quilter or bellwether dry goods?