Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Giving Thanks!

Today was the follow up appointment for my daughter's biopsy and it came back normal...what a weight lifted off of our shoulders! Thank you for all of your prayers, now she can go back to being a normal 16 year old again!

To make the day even better, while we were at the doctor's, I got a text from my son, asking what was for dinner because he wanted to come home from college to eat. Of course I hadn't planned on cooking, but when I realized the entire family would be home tonight if we ate a little late, I made one of our favorites...roast beef with mashed potatoes and gravy, fresh green beans and bread. He was here when I got home from running errands and we all had a great time at dinner, catching up, laughing...it was such fun having him here. He's heading back to school now to go to the movies with his friends.

And now I'm heading to my favorite spot...on the comfy couch by the fireplace. I have my project basket, my applique, a mug of something warm and a puppy by my feet. Thank you again for your prayers and good wishes...I have so much to be thankful for!

13 comments:

Linda C said...

You and your family esp. DD must be beyond relieved!

Silverthimble said...

That is good news about your daughter! Nothing better than your complete family together around the table! Your comfy spot looks inviting.

quiltpixie said...

what a wonderful gift for the whole family to be able to celebrate your DD's news together.

Carol said...

What wonderful, wonderful news and a perfect way to share the evening. So much to be thankful for.

Angie said...

What a PERFECT day! So glad the news for the DD was good!

Libby said...

Good news and a big relief, I'm sure. What fun to have the whole family together enjoying one another.

Gail said...

Excellent news! I'm so glad for your good news.

Tracey said...

WONDERFUL news, Carolyn!! Isn't it so uplifting when you know others are praying for you? I'm so happy for your family! And I love that spot of yours! I can hear the fire cracklin' from here. Oh, how I miss our woodburner. :o/

May Britt said...

I am so happy for her and for you. You got a really cosy spot there. I am gettin my woodburner in just a few days. And I am so looking forward to it.

Paula, the quilter said...

Good news! And a wonderful spot. I used to have a blonde cocker spaniel: Brandy.

Mary Johnson said...

I was home alone tonight with just the dog for company but I had a nice fire too while I finished knitting a hat.

I'm happy to hear the good news about your daughter's biopsy. You must be very relieved.

His Office, My Studio said...

Truly good news about your doctor. Great cozy spot, even better with a furry friend.

Darcie said...

Ah! Singing praises!!! What wonderful news for your daughter. And your son home to boot.... What a glorious day for your family.

Hugs!