Wednesday, November 15, 2006

One Warm Foot...


I did it...I made a sock! It was much easier than I thought it would be, although I did make a few mistakes here and there. Hopefully I can correct them in the next sock. I have the cuff folded down, because that's the way I like to wear them.

I found the pattern I used and an excellent tutorial at this site. It was amazing...very simple to follow. The yarn I used was Regia Sock Yarn in color 5047. Besides the sock, I've also bound 4 of the 5 tablerunners for Christmas and quilted a baby quilt.

Yesterday was my mom's birthday, so today I gave her the gift I made for her...Judy's first One Hour a Day quilt. She seemed very pleased with it...loved the colors and fabrics as well as the design and said she'll use it in her family room. So...thanks to Judy I have made my mother happy...and I have one warm foot! :o)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, how fun! I'm working on a sock right now, and I love the colour of yours. I'm going to check out the site you recommend too. Well done!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Mary Johnson said...

Good job with the sock! I don't have time to learn to knit socks but you and Judy are tempting me to try and fit it in!

Susan said...

Congratulations, Sock Woman! Love the color you chose. Can't tell from here that there are any mistakes at all.

Unknown said...

What glorious colours that sock is knitted in - make a great quilt! :o)

quiltpixie said...

there's a real sesne of accomplishemnt in finishing someonthing like a sock -- useful, doable, and even our "mistakes" tend not to be large enough errors to keep it from being wearable :-) Congrats on your first one...

Libby said...

Looks just toasty warm. I'm still not brave enought to tackle socks. I haven't mastered flat things ... yet.

Darcie said...

Great looking sock, Carolyn!!! Warm feet are happy feet...and so in style!

Anonymous said...

Socks are so much fun to do! I love the colours of this one :-)

Anonymous said...

If you are like me and wear sandels all the time, handknit sox are a perfect item to wear with them in the winter. Good job!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link to the sock tutorial. I have never made socks, but now that I have such good instructions, I just may give it a try. I like the colorful sock you made.

Judy said...

I'll add another THANK YOU to the bunch! I was looking for just this sort of thing. A beginner knitters how to make socks pattern! I'll get some needle and start soon!

The one sock looks fabulous!