Saturday, November 04, 2006

Two More Blocks Finished

These are the next two blocks for the "Women of the Bible Quilt" that I'm working on through Yahoo. I'm enjoying these so much. They use a variety of different techniques and it's fun to practice some of my long rusty skills! I especially love this applique block. The melons don't quite meet up the way they should and the points aren't terribly pointy, but it was challenging and fun to do!

My husband is off to California until Friday, and I have several days off this week, so I intend to put them to good use! Hopefully I'll have a few finishes to show by the end of the week. Right now I'm working on more Care Bags. I cut out and sewed up the sides of 8 more last night, bringing my total to 15. Once I have sewn the casings and put the drawstrings through, I'll pack them up and send them off.
I'd been planning on doing the Hour A Day quilt, but when looking at the yardages required, I realized that I don't have enough yardage of anything to make the quilt. I don't want to go shopping for more fabric, so I'll print out the directions and plan to do it at a later date. I've enjoyed seeing everyone's progress so far and can't wait to see the results!

I hope everyone enjoys the weekend...cool temps and clear skies here in NJ today, my favorite kind of weather!

4 comments:

Gail said...

I like those blocks; I had debated trying this grup/quilt, but had so many other things going I decided to wait. Now I get somewhat wistful looking at your work.

Libby said...

The blocks look great -- hope you get to accomplish all you plan in the upcoming week. I always try to plan marathon sewing days when hubby is out of town *s*

Melanie said...

I love the blocks. I thought the gratitude quilt was neat too. One day....

Pam said...

I tried several times to join the yahoo Women of the Bible group but never got a response....sad sad me. Your blocks have all be wonderful and the quilt will be a treasure with lots of memories attached. Good job!