Thursday, November 30, 2006

Socks

 

I just downloaded Picasa and thought I'd try posting a picture...we'll see if it works! These are the socks that I finished the other night. They didn't turn out too bad for my first pair, hopefully each pair after this will get better! I didn't do too badly with matching the stripes, although they're not perfect. But as they say, done is better than perfect!

I've been getting ready for Christmas here...my youngest and I put the lights on the house yesterday and did most of the indoor decorating, except for the tree. That won't go up for another week or so. My Christmas cards are ready, just waiting for the stamps. Most of the gifts are bought, I'll be having a big wrapping session sometime next week. I love being ready for the holidays early...I seem to enjoy them so much more without the last minute rush! And yes, I always had my assignments for school done early too...I don't handle pressure well! :o)

Not much quilting going on, although I am quilting a customer's log cabin quilt. It's done in purples and oranges and is one of the prettiest I've ever seen! I'll post pictures when it's finished.

We've been unseasonably warm here in NJ...our temps were in the 70's today and will be the same tomorrow...at least until a storm blows through and drops them down into the 40's. Maybe THEN it will feel like Christmas! Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Patti said...

Great looking socks - well done!

Mary Johnson said...

The stripes look pretty well matched to me - not sure you could get them any closer. As much as you guys are tempting me - I am NOT going to try any socks or rag rugs - I don't need another project!

Anonymous said...

The socks look great - LOVE the bright colours :-)

Carol said...

Great socks...you gals that can knit are just amazing to me.

Gail said...

Those socks look pretty good to me!

Pam said...

I'm with Mary...not going to start making socks, I've already done the rag rug thing...but I do so love seeing all the colorful socks that are being posted here and there throughout blogland.

Libby said...

The socks look great -- they will keep your toes toasty warm.

Anonymous said...

So what if your stripes don't match. You have made Artful Socks!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful job with your socks, they look just grat!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Anonymous said...

Oops, make that great!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Darcie said...

Oooh...whose lucky toes will get to wear this terrific socks, Carolyn?

I can't wait to see that purple/orange log cabin! Hurry now!!! ;-) LOL ;-)