Friday, November 24, 2006

Holiday Shopping



Here it is, the day after Thanksgiving and I think I've got this holiday shopping thing worked out. My DH and daughter left a little while ago to spend the morning shopping...they left with their list of gifts we need. While they shop, I've been sitting at the computer, finding gifts to send to friends and family, far and wide.

I've already purchased all the toys for the little nephews and have gotten gifts for my parents and MIL. I've made table runners and a quilt for the girls in the office.

And of course, while I've been shopping, I did manage to find a little bit for myself. Today only (11/24) Carodan Farm is having a 25% off of everything sale. You have to spend a minimum of $35, but if you spend over $50 you get free shipping. Easier done than said! Looks like Santa will be bringing me some new sock yarn for Christmas.

And if you're interested, here are a few other places where I'm shopping for special gifts, tailored to the receiver.

Kitchen Kettle Village Located in Lancaster County, PA, they make the most amazing jellies, jams, salsas, apple butter...Delicious and reasonably priced!

Boudin Bakery - For real San Francisco sourdough bread, shop here! This is the best sourdough I've ever had. My DH sent me some when he was in San Francisco last month and it was incredible. I think I'm ordering the bread bowls with chili for myself!

Wine Country Gift Baskets Beautiful baskets filled with scrumptious things...my favorites are the Ghirardelli chocolate baskets. I've found the same baskets online at other places, but at Wine Country Gift Baskets they run $10 - $15 cheaper than on other sites. They also have spa baskets, food baskets, etc...and, of course, baskets with wine!

Hope this helps with your shopping too!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmm sourdough....

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

I am a big online shopper as well. I have gone for a lot of personalized stationary and specific books this year. Those sites sound great but I'm not sure they deliver here!

Libby said...

There's nothing like shopping in the comfort of home.

Sweet P said...

I did some on-line shopping for me and one DS yesterday and today. I bought a new Rowenta iron and on Ott floop lamp from Joanne's for me. And a small bistro table and stools for my son. I like on-line shopping.

Judy said...

Oh my goodness you should not have told me about the Ghirardelli chocolate baskets. I love that chocolate mor ethan anything!! We stayed far away from the stores and I haven't even started thinking about shopping yet!

Glad you had a nive holiday and got some great shopping done!

Darcie said...

Now THAT is the way to shop for the holidays! Great thinking, Carolyn.

Love your clipart! ;-) Cute!

Pam said...

Checked out the Boudin Bakery, thinking they will be getting an order from me as well. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for the wine country gift basket web site. It's just what I need to send to a
relative that's out of my state.
So I would have to pay shipping anyway on whatever I would buy. Thanks
Lizzy