Sunday, September 24, 2006

Productive Weekend

The weekend is coming to a close and I have gotten quite a bit done! The tablerunner at the left is one of 4 that I made (a fifth was already done) to give as Christmas gifts. These are from the remnants of my UFO that I abandoned. Now they just need to be quilted. The second picture is of my first two blocks in the "Women of the Bible" quilt that I'm making along with the Bible study on Yahoo. I paper pieced both of these blocks...I'd forgotten how accurate paper piecing is, I hadn't done it in years! The Bible study goes for 54 weeks, I believe and we will be doing a block a week. My goal is to stay caught up with the study. These two were fun to make.

The only thing left on my list for now is to put borders on the other part of my old UFO to use as a table topper, then I will be spending lots of time at the longarm. I don't want to start a new project until I've quilted a number of my old tops. Since the tops are done, I don't count them as UFO's...they are works in progress, just waiting to be quilted. Is that cheating? I'm hoping they won't be waiting too much longer. I'm not planning on doing any piecing except for keeping up with the Bible quilt blocks until I've quilted and bound a few of these quilts. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :o)

11 comments:

dot said...

You have been very busy and productive. Nice table runners, I am sure the recipients will be very happy.

just jenn said...

Quite a busy gal this weekend! Great job!

Hedgehog said...

Beautiful blocks. Looking forward to seeing those quilted and bound tops!

Tazzie said...

Ohhh, nice table runner! I like it a lot!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Melanie said...

Great table runners, and I love the Bible study blocks(my kind of colors). Have fun quilting this week.
Melanie

Shelina said...

Carolyn,
That sounds like a good plan to me!

Darcie said...

Can't wait to see updates (hint, hint) on your Bible study blocks. No pressure though! ;-) They're looking fantastic.

In my book too, TOPS ARE NOT UFOs! One must take the fine print literally. You know. When they tell you that the *finished* block will measure dadada inches. That means they're *FINISHED!* Doncha think?!? ;-)

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

PP is accurate - and it sounds like you will have a good time making your Bible blocks!

Ummm - UNfinished tops are UFO's, in my book. I mean, if someone can't use it, then it isn't done. Ouch! But, I say this with good reason - if my Great Aunt hadn't been diligent enough to FINISH a quilt that I used the entire time I was little, I would never have been inspired to quilt. She gave me this great gift, even though she died in 1946 - years before I was even born. How is that for a legacy? So, I say - good for you for getting your tops quilted - you never know who your quilted quilt will touch in the future.

Cheers!

Evelyn

Bonnie said...

That table runner is very very nice. Lucky are the people who will receive them. And I really like the Women of the Bible blocks. Keep posting them as you get them done.

Linda (Petey) said...

Sounds like a perfect week-end to me and beautiful results. Could you share info about the Bible study?
Wish I could look over your shoulder at the longarm as it is new at our house and so much to learn. Thanks...enjoy your posts.

ForestJane said...

The table runner at the top of your post looks great! I've been collecting beiges and tans for backgrounds myself, but I'm not sure if I'll be doing a beige and blue scheme or beige and forest green. :)