Friday, September 15, 2006

A long week...

that has had NO time for sewing. I did work on a customer quilt, but that doesn't count, after all, that's work!

We've had a lot of issues to deal with this week, doctor's appointments to go to, serious concerns after those appointments...just too much in one week!

So, my sewing room is partially together and totally messy. I hope to get into the room over the weekend, I can use the therapy! DH is going to the Eagles game, so maybe I'll sneak in there on Sunday afternoon. :o)

Knowing that it had been a long week, and I really needed a little cheering up, there was a knock at the door this afternoon and these beautiful yellow roses from my husband arrived in the hands of a kind older man. Then he said, "Wait, I have a few more in the truck!" Not only were there roses for me, but baskets of flowers for each of our girls. (Yes, it was rough all around here!)

So now we've all stopped to take time to smell the roses...

On another note, my bloglines seems to have stopped working. All of the blog names have little red exclamation points after them and no new posting are showing up. I tried resubscribing to some of the blogs, but got the same thing. Is there a way to fix this, or am I doomed to going through the ring and reading the blogs that way? Being totally lost in blogland, I haven't an idea of how to fix it. Heck, I haven't even figured out how to add lists to my sidebar! Thanks for any help you can offer...

18 comments:

dot said...

What a neat surprise and sweet husband. I think he is a keeper. Your concerns will be in my prayers.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Very sorry to hear about your difficult week - the flowers seem to have been a bright spot - very thoughtful of your DH to send them to all of you.

My bloglines is doing the same thing, but if I go ahead and click on the blog anyway - I see an updated blog - so it must be working, just looks different?

Cheers!

Evelyn

Melanie said...

I think your husband must be a keeper.
Beautiful flowers. Enjoy your sewing room this weekend.
Melanie

Gail said...

As you have probably found out by now, it wasn't you but bloglines that was wacky. Isn't your husband a sweety?!

Eileen said...

Sorry to hear about your health issues; I know how that can disrupt. What beautiful flowers! Isn't it great when the husbands "get it"?
Hope you do get into the sewing room this weekend, sounds like you could use the therapy. Enjoy the process.

Jeanne said...

The flowers are lovely ... but I'm sorry that they were 'needed.' You'll be in my thoughts.

Bloglines seems to be all well this morning.

Hugs ~ Jeanne

Patti said...

What beautiful flowers, and what a sweet husband! Hopefully it will be a wonderful, relaxing weekend. It wasn't you - it was blogger and bloglines. They seem to be feeling better this morning.

Darcie said...

Gorgeous flowers, Carolyn. I can smell them from here. And oh, how they can brighten one's day!

Consider yourself and your whole household thought of and prayed for! Hope things will be looking positive for you very soon.

((0)) Hugs to you! (*) And a little flower!

Nancy said...

Bloglines does that every so often. It's working again today.

The flowers are beautiful. What a thoughtful husband! But (((HUGS))) and prayers being sent for the reasons behind the flowers.

Bonnie said...

What beautiful flowers - and what a sweet and thoughtful husband. Hope all is well with you and your family.

quiltpixie said...

hugs, lots and lots of OOOOOOOOOOO

Silverthimble said...

So sorry to hear that your week has been so terrible. Isn't your husband sweet to send such beautiful flowers for you and your girls! Enjoy quilting this weekend--it sound like you need it!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, reading you had some bad moments... and so glad you could comfort with such beautiful flowers, for you and your daughters ! (Nice and brave husband !)
I also wish to thank you for your nice words on my blog. I think this was my first msg from you, and didn't know your blog... Now it's done and I did put your name on my favourites list !
(Beautiful quilts !)

My best wishes fly the web with this message.....

NADINE
in Belgium.

Shelina said...

Sorry about your bad week and your health issues. Your husband is so nice to think of all of you with flowers. Hope your issues magically disappear so you can enjoy your quilting time.

Shelina said...

I have found that with both blogger and bloglines problems is to just have some patience and wait for them to fix them. The more I try, the more frustrated I become, and usually it is a waste of effort.

Granny said...

The flowers are beautiful and hopefully they brightened your days. I also hope things are better for you all.

Judy L.

Cher said...

nothing brightens a day better than flowers-so sorry to hear they have such a serious reason-hopefully conditions will improve somehow-hugs.

Hedgehog said...

What beautiful flowers. It's amazing the power flowers have to heal. About Bloglines, it should clear up on its own.