Monday, April 24, 2006

Weird? Me?

Blogger won't let me post this...maybe I'm too weird???

Who would ever think there is anything weird about me? Of course, when I asked my family they were able to come up with a thing or two! I'm amazed at how many weird things I have in common with others who have posted their lists!

6 weird things about me...

1. I absolutely HATE to have my feet touched. By anyone, including me! I'd love to have a pedicure, but it will NEVER happen!

2. I hate to ride as a passenger in my own car. I don't like to drive either...but I'm fine as long as I'm not the passenger in my car. I guess another weird thing with my car is he has a name. Bubba. I have a little Volvo S40 and on a vacation to Vermont with my daughter right after I got it, she kept pointing out Volvo trucks and saying, "Volvo". I didn't know what she was doing and asked her why she kept saying Bubba. Now everyone in my family calls my car Bubba!

3. I have a hard time starting new projects. I love to look through books, plan, buy fabric (or plants, whatever I need) for a project, but have a hard time actually getting going on it. Once I do, I'm fine...it's just that initial push to get started!

4. I'm not a shopper. I haven't been to the grocery store in weeks, I don't like to go to the mall and if I could buy everything I need online and never leave the house, I would. I love to be at home! Fortunately, I married a man who LOVES to shop...so I leave it to him.

5. I think I'm a hippie at heart. I'd love to dress in flowing clothes, poet shirts. I loved having a big garden when I had the yard for it, and providing food for my family. My mother always said I was a "flower child" when I was little...if I didn't get such looks from my kids, I'd probably be one now too!

6. My favorite line around the house is, "Life's a musical!" Which is why I sing frequently (and horribly!) to my kids...even if it's asking them what they want for dinner. They just roll their eyes...

So, I guess that's what's weird about me! I'm tagging anyone else who wants to play!

6 comments:

Jeanne said...

Haha -- both my boys call me a hippie!
Jeanne :)

cher said...

oh yeah, flower child/hippie...still one at heart..though I have come to think it just means I am my own person-relaxed and wear my version of fashion :-)

Dawn said...

So nice to get to know you with your 6 things! This is so much fun to learn some unusal things about everyone.

Patti said...

I know what you mean about starting new projects. I can relate to that one. I think it's often because there are so many wonderful ideas to choose from that I just can't make a decision.

Sandra said...

Great weirds! Wish I could leave the shopping to DH - he hates it more than me LOL. Our cars always have names. Our small one is Bruce, the big heavy van we used to move up here from South Australia was called Slugworth. We have yet to name our Falcon station wagon. It will probably be Betty as she has a Betty Boop steering wheel cover LOL.

Hanne said...

It is our weirdnesses that makes us the unique persons that we are - thanks for sharing :-)