Tuesday, April 04, 2006

March Wrap Up

It seems as if March was a month of starting, not finishing...adding to stash instead of using it! My only finish was the flannel quilt which I donated to Camp Reach for the Sky. I did quilt a number of customer quilts and charity quilts.

On the starting side, I cut and started a Sister's Choice quilt, all from stash. I also made a stretched stars quilt top, almost the same as the one I did with my 5th grade class, but smaller. Somehow the stars are going the other direction too...it just looks wrong that way! This will be a class gift for the teacher I work with...the students will all sign it. I'll post a picture later. I also started a 4 patch baby quilt which will need to be done by the end of this month, since the baby will be arriving in early May.

So...I've created a few new stash projects and will be starting some Christmas gifts this month. I also hope to finish a few older projects. It's time to make a new list!

6 comments:

Darcie said...

Carolyn! Christmas gifts already? You are on the ball!!! Good for you!

Love the "Birds in the Air" that you've got pictured in your previous post. It is lovely...those Repros just sing! Gorgeous machine quilting!

Finn said...

It sounds like a very good month to me Carolyn! Customer work done, a finish or two, and projects that are needed for specific gifts...all good!! I think this posting to our blogs of our goals and finishes is working well !!

Linda C said...

Sometimes that is just the way it goes in spite of our best intentions. The starts give you a leg up later in the year though--how could that be a bad thing?

Quiltgranny said...

EEEK! Christmas already? I guess I'd better get to thinking about that one!

Holly said...

You've been busy and have accomplished a lot for a month!

Cher said...

this moth is almost a quarter over with...I always find March and April zing by for me. I would agree-March was productive for you and there will be plenty of finishes coming up to report.