Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Twins...












Back in July my neighbor had twins. I had to make them little quilts, but couldn't decide what to do. Then I dug through my orphan blocks and found these which were leftovers from an online swap. Perfect! I made these two little quilts, using almost all stash fabrics (I had to buy backing fabrics) and had them all finished when the twins arrived.

A year and a half before the twins were born, she had another little girl, so I made this quilt for her. And of course, I couldn't leave her 8 year old sister out when I made this one, so she got a quilt too. I love this Lucky Star quilt, it was so bright and pretty!
Bonnie, thanks for the vacation rental site, I've bookmarked it and we may look into renting a place next year. I don't know where, but the cabin you are going to looks wonderful!

13 comments:

Finn said...

Morning Carolyn, I love the quilts you posted today...I love star quilts anyway, so this is double the pleasure, double the fun for me..*VBS*

The old saying "necessity is the mother of invention" certainly is true. And how wonderful that ALL those little ones have a quilt from you...*VBS* Hugs, Finn

Lucy said...

I love special the last quilt for teh 8 years old girl. What a happy bright quilt:c)

Laurie Ann said...

I love the lucky stars pattern. I have used that one for quite a few quilts. There are so many things you can do with it. Nice!!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh what fun quilts! And what lucky kids!

Sarah said...

Don't you just love how cute simple nine-patches always looks? Thanks for sharing all the great photos!

Sarah

The Calico Cat said...

Nice set of quilts. I am currently making a quilt for my cousins daughter & unborn - so that I will be ready & so that everything will be even steven!

Darcie said...

You are a wonderful, generous neighbor, Carolyn! What awesome gifts for those kiddos!

My two dearest daughters are twins. You should see the blankies (they were quilts...hard to recognize though!) that I made before their births...very used and abused! ;-)

Thanks for sharing the great pics!

Darcie

Hunter said...

What lucky neighbors. And the Lucky Stars quilt is about the only quilt pattern I own. There's something about it that is so appealing. (Now that I've seen your Lucky Stars I think I'll add it back on my "To Do" list.)

Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures.

Aloha,
Darilyn

Granny said...

Carolyn, your neighbors are keeping you busy! :)

Beautiful quilts!

Judy L.

Laurie said...

Carolyn,
Your quilts are so cute! Your neighbor's kids are lucky to have you as a neighbor! That Lucky Stars pattern is a slick one!

GOOD JOB!!
Laurie

Quiltgranny said...

I can't ever seem to remember the name of the pattern Lucky Stars. I always want to call it Happy Stars and it usually just comes out as Happy Lucky Stars! And that is just what your little quilt is!

Holly said...

Those quilts are perfect for the twins! I sure like all the quilts that family has received from you.

Joanne said...

Carolyn, I am way behind on my reading, but I just saw the picture of your Lucky Star quilt for your neighbor's daughter -- it's terrific! Great pattern - great job!
Love your tree and skirt, too. Christmas this year is at my DD's, so I just put a string of lights on a 3 foot table top tree! Close enough!