Friday, November 25, 2005

Leftovers


I've just gone through everyone's blogs and love the things that you have done today! Finn, your little quilt is the sweetest thing and I love how you used the leis...what a great idea. I tend to toss a lot of smallish scraps, guess I'll need to hang on to the now. Bonnie, I'm partial to the layout with the black blocks in the center with the grays and blacks and blocks on point. I felt that the orange and blue backgrounds overpowered the pieced blocks.

I've been diligently working on a customer's quilt today. Okay, maybe not diligently...I've taken lots of breaks to sit by the fire, read and drink tea. I've been sick for the last week and the doctor put me on antibiotics on Tuesday. I feel much better, but I'm very tired and yesterday just wiped me out! I tried to relax a bit today.

Since I never made it up to my sewing room, I thought I'd share a picture of a baby quilt I made for a friend's little girl when she was born almost a year ago. I made a quilt for her older brother too (he's not quite 2) and it seems that I'll be making baby quilt number 3 in May. I used up a stack of fat quarters and made the whole thing from my stash. Does stashbusting a year ago count? :o) This is one of my most favorite quilts I've made...I think I might remake it from my scraps and keep it for myself!

6 comments:

Finn said...

Hi Carolyn, so glad to hear you are on antibotics and feeling better. Not a good time of year to be sick.
Thank you for your kind words about my funny little quilt. I do like to play I guess. I'd say save the small pieces if you want to, or are curious..but let it be true to your nature. It's not everyones bag, those odds and ends.

I love the quilt you are showing..so tell me..is it cake stand, or do you know it as cactus basket? No matter what the block is called...I like it..and wouldn't hesitate to make another in some other color.
And YES, using the FQs last year counts!!! Stay warm..see you soon !

Carolyn said...

Finn, I learned it as a cake stand, but any name is good for me! I just love the little quilt. It was fun to make and went very quickly. The pattern was in an American Patchwork and Quilting magazine a few years ago in blues, reds and greens. I'm glad you like it!

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Love the basket quilt and the colors, and the quilting is gorgeous too!

I hope you feel better soon!

Bonnie

Nines said...

It is a very sweet quilt. I like the colors you picked- all warm and romantic. Don't work too hard. You'd hate to relapse- that one always buys me a little more "takin' it easy" time.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh that is the sweetest little quilt! I love it! And the quilting is wonderful!

The Calico Cat said...

Hope you are feeling better. That quilt looks very "Robyn Pandolf." I made a quilt with her fabrics once upon a time ago..... (I have a few nickels for a "Kitchen Sink" quilt....)