Monday, June 02, 2008

Monday Evening...

and I'm still here! I'm fully recovered from my bout with strep, thanks for all the well wishes! It's been crazy busy here, preparing for all of the graduation events for our girls...Ellen is graduating high school and Grace is graduating 8th grade in the next few weeks. One of the graduation quilts is bound....the binding is made for the other, but not on yet. I pulled a two yard piece of fabric from the stash to make binding and for some reason decided that I needed ALL of it to bind these two quilts. After doing one, I'm quite certain I'll be able to bind 4 or 5 more quilts with this binding...two yards goes a long way!

I decided to clean out some scraps for the back of these quilts, so here's the back for quilt #1. Quilt #2 is equally busy!
After busting all this stash, it was time to buy a few things to brighten up my collection. Pictures of those soon...I washed them and need to iron them.

On Saturday we had our first work meeting for Canoe Carnival...August 2nd is the date this year and it will come quickly. Our theme is decided, construction is planned and we'll actually start building on Saturday. This year the boss is the group captain. Our other fearless leader will be heading to Iraq in August, but leaves for training on June 10th. He'll be deployed to Iraq for 400 days. His son will also be deployed to Iraq in the fall. If you can, please say a prayer for their safety and for the safe return of all of our soldiers.

5 comments:

Darcie said...

Yes, most definitely...praying daily for our soldiers, near and far.

Love the quilt that you have pictured...and the backing is way cool!!!

Glad you're feeling better, Carolyn. Don't forget to rest!

furiousBall said...

definitely a big prayer for those soldiers. nice job on those quilts lady.

Vicki W said...

Absolutely a prayer for our soldiers is the least we can do! I love your quilt, it's so bright and happy. The back is fun and happy too. I think backs like this are much more interesting that what I usually do.

Suzy said...

The quilts look great! I love stars! :o)

I will definitely send up a prayer for our soldiers!

Stacy A. said...

Carolyn, congrats to both your girls! I don't know about your 8th grader, but 8th grade was the worst year EVER for me. Girls can be sooo mean at that age, trying to fit in and figure out who they are. How exciting for them both to be entering new stages in their lives. With new beautiful quilts to boot! You did a wonderful job, I love the scrappy back.
I will keep those families in my mind and prayers. Thank you for letting us know about them. I really think it is important to keep this war on a personal level, so we don't lose perspective.
Have a great time with all the celebrations! Love Stacy