Thursday, June 19, 2008

Graduation

Grace graduated from 8th grade on Tuesday night, complete with gown and aircast!
Congratulations, Grace...I'm so proud of you! I found it amusing that her graduation of almost 60 kids was about 20 minutes longer than the high school graduation, where 370 kids graduated!
Now summer can really begin...Grace will be going to Dorney Park tomorrow with the acolytes from our church on their annual trip. I'm planning to head north to Pennington Quilt Works for my annual "birthday trek", so I can use the coupon they sent me. I'm debating whether, with gas prices as high as they are, I should make the drive. But hey...my birthday is on Sunday, so I think I'll treat myself!
As another treat, I've decided I'm going to take guitar lessons. I've always wanted to learn to play. Grace had been taking lessons for almost a year from a great guy, but she's decided that she's done. So, I'm going to take her guitar and her time slot! I'm nervous about it...but I'm looking forward to it. I'm may be Van's first guitar student to fail!

8 comments:

furiousBall said...

failure is not an option, you will rock lady, trust me

Judy said...

Congrats to Grace! My, my how time flies! :>) Enjoy the guitar and the lessons.......I've often wanted to take banjo lessons, just because, ..and learn another language, too! Good for you and have a very happy birthday!!

Sweet P said...

Congrats to Grace!

How cool to take guitar lessons. I took out my electric keyboard a couple weeks ago and started playing again. I wish we had the room for a real piano. Then I would take lessons again. Just remember - practice, practice, practice.

Libby said...

Keep us posted on your guitar lessons. I took lessons when I was 12 - hated them. I wanted to learn rock'n roll, but the instructor insisted classical was the way to go because I studied classical piano. I still have my guitar (minus a G string) and think about lessons from time to time.

Libby said...

Oh - and congrats to Grace on graduation *s*

Ruth said...

Wow guitar lessons sound like great fun! Good on you!

Stacy said...

Woo Hoo Grace! Now her life can begin! Away from those nasty horrible 8th graders! Congrats hun.

I think it is wonderful you are going to take lessons. The important thing is to pick up that guitar every day, get your fingers used to the strings. My hubby recently got a banjo. The thing that worked best for him was (after the initial finger placing and chords)to pick a song you love and just take the chorus or a few lines and play them over and over and soon it will sound like something and you will pick a few more lines. Once you know that song, you will never forget it! Good luck Carolyn! Love Stacy

Alison said...

Good for you! I would love to learn to play guitar!!!

Thank you for committing to make a square for KidsQuilts. I really appreciate it!!