Monday, December 24, 2007

Sunday Stashbusting Report...

a day late! Not much sewing has been going on here, I've been busy shopping, wrapping and spending time with my family. We're looking forward to relaxing a little now that most everything is done. So...the strip twist quilt is done and bound - completely from stash!


I turned the jelly roll that I won from the Fat Quarter Shop into a fall rail fence throw, which is awaiting borders...


On the buying side, I went back to The Mullica Hill Quilt Company and once again they were wonderful, although the highlight was that they remembered me from my visit back in April, had printed out my blog entry about their shop and had it hanging in the store. I felt like a rock star! :o) Once again, the service was wonderful, the fabric I purchased was beautifully wrapped in tissue and it was a wonderful, friendly store. I'll be visiting here regularly!

The reason for my trip was for some planned purchases, which I believe Judy said were legal! I'm planning to make an applique quilt for a dear friend for Christmas next year. Since I'd like it to be hand appliqued and quilted, I thought it would be a good idea to start now, seeing how the last applique quilt took me 10 years! I'll be using some of the blocks from the Rose Sampler Supreme pattern and making yellow roses . The gold floral will be for sashings. I'll be adding more yellows and golds as I go. I was surprised that I only had 2 yellow fat quarters in the stash, I guess that's a color that's definitely lacking!


I'm enjoying working with the stash, since I don't have a lot it's challenging to put things together that will work. My next project which I'll be doing along with the applique is a snowman design from Crabapple Hill Designs. He's almost done and I'm thinking he'll become a pillow to keep out for the winter. The fabric and floss for him are from the stash too!

4 comments:

furiousBall said...

Ok, I know absolutely nothing about quilting, but the fall rail fence throw is beautiful. I always love autumnal colors.

Hey Merry Christmas to you and your family Carolyn. I'm very happy to have become friends with you and especially that great guitar player of yours.

Silverthimble said...

I love the two tops you have finished! It sounds like yellow/gold fabric purchases are in your future! LOL I agree, planned purchases are just fine--after all, your fabric is not adding to your stash because you have an immediate use for it!

Vicki W said...

It looks like you are doing quite well with your stashbusting!

sewprimitive karen said...

Hey, that's very neat about your blog post hanging in the shop.

Merry Christmas!