Thursday, February 26, 2009

On the back burner...

that's where the blog seems to be staying these days. I've been spending less time on the computer reading quilting blogs and more time actually quilting. I guess that's a good thing! I've been busy making half square triangles for Judy's Bears in the Farmhouse project...


I completed block #2 for Anne Sutton's basket BOM...


I've been working on a quilt for Ellen...who was home from college for the weekend and gave it her approval. And of course she wants it NOW...it's cold in Rhode Island!


I've been doing some customer quilting....

And I made a trip to The Knitting Store to use my Christmas gift certificate...

I received an email saying that they are going out of business and everything is on sale. I picked up this beautiful cotton/silk blend to make the Lily Cardigan.
I've also been spending some time with doctors...again. Before Christmas I smacked my head on a low doorframe, momentarily knocked myself out and hurt my neck. In the past few weeks most of my favorite things to do...like knitting, machine quilting, playing guitar...have made pain shoot down my arm and my hand go numb. Thinking this is a BAD THING, I went to the chiropractor, who agreed. I had an x-ray yesterday which didn't show anything cracked or broken, which is good, but it showed arthritis and the narrowing of something or other, which is not good. I have an MRI tomorrow...we'll see what that shows. The fun never ends here!
We did get Andrew all moved home over the weekend and I'm enjoying having him home. I knew I missed him while he was at school, but didn't realize how much. It was great fun having everyone around the dinner table again...

7 comments:

Suzy said...

Wow! All your projects look great. You've been busy!

Sorry to hear about your mishap. Hope all is well and back to normal soon. :o)

amy said...

Oooh, nice choice for the Lily! You'll have to post pictures in progress!

It's warmer up here today. I'm going to let myself be fooled that March + a few milder days means winter is over. We all have our coping mechanisms...

Thimbleanna said...

Good Girl! You've been doing the really important stuff -- Quilting! I hope they get your back figured out!

Sweet P said...

You are one busy girl. The quilts look wonderful. The yarn looks yummy. I hope your neck is better soon.

Darlene said...

I do believe you've been having some fun! Love all your projects!

Enjoy.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Great use of your gift-certificate, how nice that they sent you an e-mail so you would know to go use it! Nice projects you are working on - as much as I like the internet, I try to limit myself so I actually have time left over to sew myself! I can so relate!!! I hope you are feeling better very soon. Cheers! Evelyn

Meredith said...

I guess I will be keeping you in my prayers now. I do find that funny. Looks like you were getting a lot of quilting/sewing done.