Sunday, April 06, 2008

Sunday Stash Busting Report


I'm still working on the Lucky Stars quilt. When I started, I had it in my head that I had to make 30 blocks, but I really only needed 20. Don't know what I was thinking...but since I had 10 extra cut out, I decided to cut an additional 10 and make a quilt for another of my daughter's friends. So, another 10 fat quarters were taken from my stash as well as another yard of white for the backgrounds this week, for an additional 3.5 yards busted. I still have five more stars to put together, then I'll start working on the sashing. I don't have any yardage for the backing, so I'm not sure if I'll pull more and piece backings or if I'll purchase some.


I also decided to work on Bonnie's new mystery quilt. I struggled to find pieces that were big enough for the yardage, but managed to come up with a few that will play nicely together. My colors are black, tan and brown with red as an accent. I'll be pulling everything else out of my scrap bins. I haven't added up this yardage yet, so I'll put it on next week. I'm starting to wish I'd kept track of how much I've used, maybe I'll go back through my posts and do that!

8 comments:

Finn said...

Hi Carolyn, I know, I've been missing forever...I do tend to get lost at time *VBS*
Good color choices for the mystery...I'm planning on doing it also, but can't decide on what colors to use, so I am just going ahead and making the 4 patches...LOL
Love the Sunday Stash report, the girls will love the quilts *VBS* And I especially like last Sunday's!
Keep well. Big hugs, Finn

SueR said...

Your colors for the Orange Crush look so pretty. I haven't chosen mine yet either, just going to start on the four patches too and pick later.

Randi said...

Love your Lucky Stars!

Thimbleanna said...

Wow! You've been busy. I love your stars -- great job on the stash busting!

Nines said...

Love your mystery quilt colors!! And those stars are great! so simple, yet really stunning. But then, I'm a sucker for brights- especially when I'm needing Spring to be here, already!!

I laughed about your dear sister's boiling fiasco. How awful! At least it sounds like you all had a good sense of humor about it! And can I just say how jealous I am that you can knit socks??? Oh man! I've always wanted to do that!

Suzy said...

Those reds look yummy and the star quilt looks awesome!

P.S. Check out my blog -- you've been tagged. :o)

Gypsy Quilter said...

I really love those stars. I've been wanting to do one similar for years.

Marla said...

Very pretty quilt. I love the colors