Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Pretty in Pink

Just finished the little log cabin baby quilt for a customer and it was so sweet I thought I'd share.
Last night I cut all the alternate blocks and side triangles for the 25-patch quilt and started putting it together. When I finished I was 2-9.5" squares short of fabric to make the corner triangles! I should have enough to piece the squares together so I can finish the quilt. I guess that's what happens when you work from your stash. I did find the fabric I'm using online, but don't want to add it back into my stash, so I'll do the best I can with what I have!

7 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

nice quilting..... That is why I like to go 100% scrappy so i don't find myself in a lurch. With that said, I bout 3 large pieces to use a "single" backgrounds.... I am almost asking for problems....

Mary Johnson said...

Cute - the quilting looks great.

Nines said...

Very sweet! And the quilting is, as always with you, GORGEOUS!! I know what you mean about cutting it to the wire with the stash busting! But that's what quilting is all about- or used to be- making do. It'll be great! Have fun!

Marilyn said...

The quilting is FABULOUS!

Marilyn

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh Carolyn - the quilting on that quilt is so cute! I"m just now getting a chance to catch up on blogs! It has been one busy week!

Dona said...

Love the quilting

Darcie said...

Look out, Molly Ringwald!!! Carolyn's quilt is Prettier in Pink!!!

So feminine. So yummy...like cotton candy. Your quilting is superb, Carolyn.