Sunday, October 24, 2010

Help?

 A friend of mine stopped by yesterday with this quilt.  Her sister had gotten it years ago at an estate sale and gave it to her.  She was cleaning her home office, found it and decided it was one of those projects she'd never get to...so she offered it to me.  Sight unseen, I said I'd be happy to take it off her hands!  It's in beautiful condition, the flowers are hand appliqued and it's machine pieced. 
My question is, what is the name of this block?  I thought it might be a dahlia of some sort, but haven't found anything but the giant dahlia quilt, which it definitely isn't.  Any ideas?  Here's a closeup of one of the blocks...

And just because she's cute, here's a picture of Daisy.  She's growing up so fast!

3 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Boy, I'm clueless, but, it's sure a cool looking quilt -- what good luck! Your little puppers is adorable too!

Michelle said...

I have no clue either. It's beautiful!

Paula, the quilter said...

I just searched through my books because I knew I had seen that before and I found it! It was in My Mother's Quilts - Designs from the Thirties by Sara Nephew. The quilt in the book was called Dahlia, so you were correct on that. The quilt in the book does not have the leaves and sashing. HTH.