Monday, December 15, 2008

Coming Up for Air

Here's a gratuitous dog playing with his pepper picture so you don't remember that I haven't been here for over a week...
I've finally finished the last customer quilts of the year...

A shot of the back....


And I've attended the staff Christmas party for work. Now, here's a dilemma...when you're asked to bring a dessert to the work meeting, and you work for Weight Watchers, what do you bring? I settled on these little Snickers pies from the Hungry Girl website, which were quite easy to make. Take a regular size Snickers bar and cut it into 10 pieces. Put each one in a phyllo cup...

Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees...

Let cool and serve. They were pretty good...and only 1 point each!

The Christmas tree is up (but not decorated), the cards are mailed, the gifts are wrapped...so now I get some time to play in my sewing room. If I don't come back in a few days, send chocolate!

8 comments:

Susan said...

That would be really, really dark chocolate to keep the points down, right? Love your quilting. Very pretty feathers.

Paula said...

I think you chose a great dessert!!

Holly said...

Wonderful dessert idea. I'll have to remember this one. Your quilting is absolutely beautiful.

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, those snickers goodies look yummy! Thanks for sharing them. I'm feeling your tree pain -- our real tree is up but I just don't have time to do those darn lights. I'm thinking we should have left it out in the cold a little longer!

furiousBall said...

your guitar teacher is very hungry

Libby said...

*mmmmm* that sounds like a great dessert and the perfect solution *s*

Unknown said...

Hi, Carolyn,
Thanks for featuring my quilt on your blog and for doing such a fantastic job on both my quilts. Enjoy your Christmas!
Linda

Darcie said...

Love the puppy...and the quilting...and the quick recipe!

You just enjoy every second of that sewing time. You're well deserving of it!

Merry Christmas!