Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Done!!!

My Challenge quilt for the Machine Quilter's Exposition is finally done! I sewed on my little flowers and ruched flowers today, sewed on the sleeve and label, and at the last minute made a mad dash for some Swarovski Crystals to put in the centers of the little blue flowers. That's it...I've done enough. Tomorrow it will leave my hands and I won't see it again until after the judges do. I'm not even sure I want to see the judges remarks...I'm finding that quilting for show takes the joy out of quilting. I'm not sure I'll intentionally make a quilt for show again. The next picture is the trapunto border and the last picture is the applique (with the crystals!) My back is feeling better, so now, once I get over my bronchitis, I can get back to customer quilts!

10 comments:

atet said...

Even with the challenges you faced, it is beautiful. Whatever the judges say, you have made a truly stunning quilt.

Silverthimble said...

Beautiful quilt! Wonderful quilting! I am sure the judges will love it too!

Libby said...

Amazing - good luck in the challenge.

Kairle Oaks said...

Very lovely, Carolyn. The applique turned out really nicely.

CONNIE W said...

Carolyn, that is a gorgeous quilt and I love the McTavishing. The ruching is also beautiful. You should be proud of this quilt!!!

Lisa said...

Wow, that first photo gives no idea of the extent of the quilting. You've done some very beautiful work, you must be really pleased. Good luck for MQX.

Ruth's Place said...

It's beautiful and the quilting is stunning! Good luck.

Darcie said...

Oooh! I love how your applique moves into your trapunto!

Best of luck at the Show! Are you attending?

Meredith said...

It is beautiful
I hope you feel better.

Rose Marie said...

It's stunning! If the judges don't like it, you have the satisfaction that the rest (bloggers/browsers) of the world does! :o)