Thursday, February 02, 2006

January Progress...

Well, since Judy asked so nicely, I decided to see what I had actually accomplished in January. Boy, was I disappointed! I did finish the Convergence Quilt and the flannel quilt for the dogs, which got rid of some stash, but were the only finishes I had. I cut and helped the kids sew the blocks for the school quilt, which used stash, I hand pieced my carpenter's wheel and I used a lot of stash making the 25 patch quilt top. I ran into a dilemma with that over how to make it larger without making more blocks, but I've finally worked that out in my mind - now to do it in fabric! Over the past few days I've been doing some handquilting on a fall quilt that I received after a friend passed away a few years ago. Being sick seemed like a good opportunity for some quiet work. Other than that, not much happened! :o( I guess I need to start February with a list of things to do...otherwise I may get nothing done at all!

3 comments:

Cher said...

handquilting- sounds so perfect for taking it easy but getting some quilty time in! Hope you continue to feel better and I think you did plenty in January!

Granny said...

Carolyn! Don't be disappointed. It sounds to me like you did a lot! For me, making a list helps a lot because I get side-tracked and will half finish a dozen things instead of completely finishing 2 or 3.

You're doing great and that carpenter's wheel is so pretty . . that should count for a whole lot!

Judy L.

Finn said...

It think that is alot to get done in January, Carolyn. Especially in addition to doing customer quilts and being at the school, and having a family. Give yourelf a big pat on the back!! With out the motivation we'd get far less done !

Love the dresden plate you are doing for a customer. What a unique border..*VBS*