Saturday, September 01, 2012

Hand Quilting

Back in July, I decided I really needed to make something and (are you ready for this?) FINISH it.  I knew it had to be small or it would never happen.  


 So, I took some nine patches that I had made using my Jo Morton fabrics and put together a little nine patch quilt. 

  
Then I pulled out my needle and thread and hand quilted it with simple diagonal lines.  It took a few evenings, but soon it was ready for binding. 


Now it lives on my antique sewing machine in the family room.  I can't tell you how good it felt to finish a quilt this summer...even if it's only a tiny one! 





I'm planning another hand quilting project for the winter.  I have two more quilt tops made with Jo Morton fabrics that need quilting...


1 comment:

Meredith said...

Very Cute. I have a little quilt hanging from the front drawer of an old machine. They do go together well. I really like the blue fabrics in the quilt.