Saturday, January 10, 2009

January Rush

Back in May, when I was hired by Weight Watchers, they told me that gradually, I'd get a few meetings to work, but come January, I could work whenever I wanted. And they weren't kidding! I'm amazed at the number of new members that have been coming through our doors and at the amount of extra help we need! I'm enjoying the extra hours...I love my job!
Unfortunately, a few things have had to fall by the wayside, my blogging and quilting being two of them. I did finally finish the quilt I made for my friend as a Christmas gift.
I thought I'd be binding it on Christmas Eve, but she was away. I had plans to meet her for lunch yesterday afternoon, so there I was, late on Thursday night, finishing up the binding!


She loved the quilt, so it was all worth it!


After my lunch and gift giving, I went to my nephew's new house to help clean. I'm so excited for him...he's 24 years old, did well in college and is now moving up the corporate ladder at a major retailer. He closed on his first house yesterday...an adorable cape, with a built in pool and jacuzzi. We cleaned the kitchen, dusted the walls, vacuumed the floors, cleaned the bathrooms and generally got it ready for him to move his belongings in today. This afternoon, the Boss and I stopped by with a case of Hoegaarden as a housewarming gift. Yeah, I'm a good aunt. :o)




12 comments:

Vicki W said...

Your are a great Aunt and a really good friend - the quilt is lovely!

furiousBall said...

Really like that blue in the quilt. And I love Hoegaarden too.

Laurie said...

WOW...I love that quilt! Is it your own pattern? It's gorgeous! Great choice of beer too!

I fell off the WW Lifetime wagon the past few months so I signed up for the monthly pass again to save money. Gotta lose 15 to get back to free meetings! *sigh* I WILL do it though!
Laurie

Libby said...

You are a good aunt . . . I think it's in the 'Aunt Code' to know just who the target audience is when selecting a housewarming gift *s*

Darcie said...

Sounds like good times on the east coast! Love the quilt!

antique quilter said...

beautiful quilt!
congrats on more hours at WW...must be fun for you too.
Impressive that he could buy a house already good for him.
So will he get a quilt now for his new house?
Kathie

Anonymous said...

That's a gorgeous quilt, your friend is lucky to receive it!

Thimbleanna said...

You ARE a good aunt! I can't wait until I can do that for my boys and nephew. Love the quilt -- So, so pretty!

Laurie said...

I bought the book today! I took my machine in for a tune up and of course could NOT walk out empty handed! LOL...thanks for the tip!
laurie
ps...tomorrow i weigh in at WW

Randi said...

The quilt is awesome! What a great gift!

Sweet P said...

Gorgeous quilt! You are an awesome aunt. Congrats to the new home owner.

Susan said...

That quilt looks so cool and elegant. Beautiful job on the quilting, too. Your nephew sounds like he's doing things just right. How exciting it must have been for you to see him succeed so well.