Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Getting all domestic...

Yesterday was a long day. I worked a lunchtime Weight Watchers meeting, drove about 45 minutes to a doctor's appointment, stopped for a salad at Applebee's and then worked another Weight Watchers meeting (where one of my coworkers was a quilter!) and then ran home to meet the boss...which turned into going to the local pub to have a beer (or two) on their patio.

Today, I got to stay home all day, which had me feeling all domestic. That rarely happens. I don't do domestic. My house is comfortable, but nowhere near a designer showcase. Sometimes it's even clean, but usually it has a much more "lived in" feel. Since it was clean enough today, my domesticality (yeah, I made that up!) headed to the kitchen. Where I made these chocolate chip muffins from King Arthur's website. I used half chocolate chips and half cinnamon chips and oh my God, they are amazing!

Then I decided I needed some sourdough bread for dinner, so I made a loaf of whole wheat sourdough from which I will make paninis with rosemary chicken, roasted peppers, fresh mozzarella, and fresh tomatoes from the garden.
My family is going to love me tonight!

5 comments:

Sweet P said...

Yummy! Getting domestic is fun! I made Insalata Caprese tonight with garden fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, red onion and fresh basil. Being domestic is fun!

Like you, my house is comfortable too. And I'm home 95% of the time. No Martha Stewart here.

Thimbleanna said...

Ooooh, that all looks yummy! And apparently I need to do more of the shopping 'cause I've never heard of cinnamon chips!

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

What a lucky girlfriend. It is a lovely quilt. the bread sounded yummy.

furiousBall said...

whoa. seriously whoa.

Libby said...

Sounds delish!