Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sunday Stashbusting Report...

I didn't do much sewing this week, since I was out of commission for most of the week. Today, my DH left for a trade show in New York City and I was feeling well enough to sit at my sewing machine for most of the afternoon. I finished the Buzz Saw top from my stash...

and used most of the leftovers for the backing. I have the binding made and once it is quilted and bound, it will go to Project Linus. Everything for this quilt is from stash.

It's a little chilly here today, so it was a good day to stay inside and watch football. The football gods have gifted me with a clear signal on the TV in my sewing room which isn't connected to our satellite tv, so obviously I was meant to spend the day up here! It was either than or watch all 3 Bring it On cheerleading movies with my 13 year old daughter...as much as I love her, that's a little more than I can take!

12 comments:

Gypsy Quilter said...

A very lucky child will receive that quilt. Good job!

Doodlebug Gail said...

I bookmarked the tutorial link when you posted it last week and I am so glad that you have posted your finished quilt. It looks lovely and what a great stashbuster as well! Glad to hear you're feeling better enough to sew.

Vicki W said...

Congrats on the stash report. Just proves that we all have beautiful fabrics already in our homes.

Silverthimble said...

What a wonderful little quilt! And from your stash to boot!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

What a fantastic quilt..

Randi said...

Great use of stash and a great cause to boot!

Libby said...

A perfect quilt - destined to become very special with someone at Project Linus *s*

atet said...

Oooh -- someone is going to get a lovely quilt! And I don't blame you at all for hiding from the Bring It On movies. Right now my little one is addicted to cartoons and Muppets -- but some day I can see myself hiding as well :0).

Erin said...

what a gorgeous quilt! Your socks and quilt are so nice!

Shelina said...

That's a great quilt, and how wonderful that you were able to bust some stash.

Wendy said...

Great work on the stash busting and what a gorgeous quilt too.

Your socks are really wonderful. What size needles to you use?

Cher said...

nice use of stash for this quilt- it turned out great.