Saturday, April 21, 2007

Crazy Week...


It's been one of those weeks, that I'm glad to see coming to a close. On Monday, my 17 year old daughter was on her way to work in the remnants of the Nor'easter. An SUV in front of her stopped, she braked, the brakes locked and she slid into the SUV. Thankfully, no one was injured, the SUV was barely scratched, but her car is totalled. In a way, I'm glad because it was old, had a lot of miles on it and although we kept it very well maintained, I've never liked the car. So, it looks like we'll be car shopping again...one of my least favorite things to do! I do realize how blessed we are though. Our son and daughter, between them, have been involved in 3 accidents. No one was hurt in any of them and they were all weather related, so no tickets were issued. Cars can be easily replaced, although maybe not as fast as my daughter would hope! :o) Another set of parents here were not so fortunate. Their daughter was buried a few weeks ago after her car went off the road and into a tree. I can't fathom the pain they feel, so I'm very grateful that my children have been safe.
And as you can see, she's fine. Last night was her high school's Junior Dinner Dance. The sun came out for the first time all week and they had a beautiful night for it. She looked so pretty, her date was a very nice boy and they had a good time.


Nothing quilty this week, it's been a little hectic around here. I did shorten the straps on my daughter's dress, so I did have a needle in my hand the other day...I'm in serious need of some quilting time! Maybe this afternoon, although I should be out weeding the garden. But, the weeds will be there all summer...they can wait!

13 comments:

atet said...

Forget the weeds for now, fabric therapy will cure what ills ya after a crazy week. At least for me, it helps me relax, re-center and allows me the patience to be able to handle the rest of the craziness.

And the weeds -- they'll still be there when you get to them.

Helen said...

That is a really beautiful dress on a very beautiful young lady. I'm glad she is okay.

Silverthimble said...

Your daughter looks lovely! Thank goodness she is ok and was not hurt! Like you said, cars can be replace--loved ones can not.

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

Junior proms are so great. Your daughter is lovely and all these kids have some kind of car thing when they begin driving. Glad she's okay. It's a learning experience for her, in a lot of ways.

Pam said...

I think most kids get into some sort of an accident when the start driving. Luckily most of them are just fine. Both my sons totaled their first car, not their fault but luckily no one was injured. Good thing she's okay and the car can be replaced.

She looks so lovely going of to her dinner and dance. Handsome looking fellow she has there :))

Libby said...

So glad to know the accident only caused damage to the cars. Your daughter looks lovely in her dress . . . hope they had a wonderful time *S*

Kairle Oaks said...

What a blessing that your daughter was safe. Life is so fragile.

I hope you soon get some time to quilt!

Melanie said...

Your daughter's a knockout!!! Trials of motherhood---Chelsey got her Braces off last tuesday and was involved in a car accident 20 minutes later... It wasn't her fault and the car is repairable. As a Mom you always think --it could be worse. Glad your daughter is OK...

swooze said...

I am glad she is ok. She looks beautiful in her dress.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

An accident where no one is hurt always leaves you counting your blessings! I hit a deer the other day - going 55, sigh. But - Little Boy and I are fine, your daughter is fine and that is what is important. Your daughter will get a new car, we will get our truck fixed... She looks great for her dance, oh happy day!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Pleased she is fine and she looks great in the dress, Tracey

Susan said...

A beautiful girl, so glad she's safe!

Jeanne said...

So glad you daughter is okay. She looks beautiful all dolled up for the dance.